Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve!!!

Goodbye 2008!!! Goodbye to working myself to death and not enjoying the fruits of my labor (literally when you take the nidge into account). Goodbye to the convenient grab and go eating...I WILL enjoy every aspect of my food, from the choosing, to the preparing, to the actual eating. I will enjoy it full circle and hopefully see that on the scales!!! Goodbye to old friends and welcome to new ones...not all old friends mind you...just the poisonous ones. Some old friends I'm rediscovering as well as family members. Goodbye to hating myself and those around me...

What I hope to say hello to? Many fun filled days with the nidge, walking, going to the park, riding his bike...Hello to rediscovering these old friendships, hello to possibly and new job that isn't so stressful, hello to my smaller clothers (finger, toes and eyes crossed here). Hello hopefully to a new DSLR camera. Hello to a project I'm working on for next Christmas, a collection of recipes from my mom, grandmom, all my family and extended family. Even if I don't make half of them I enjoy sharing them, enjoy reading them and enjoy collecting them.

I've made it fairly unscathed through the holidays...I think I gained at one point 5 lbs but I'm being careful, journaling and doing a little exercise including the stepper, weights, balance ball and a little yoga thrown in for fun. I fed the need to bake cookies "with my mom" (she passed in 1999) by making cookies for a dear friend of mine (we've known each other since 1975). One Sunday before Christmas I got out the ingredients, the tools, turned on PBS cooking shows, put the "guys" to bed for a nap...and had a quiet afternoon to myself to revel in the memories of cooking with my mom.

So I haven't been waiting for that "magic" day to start loosing weight again...Like I said I've been being careful and although it's not coming off as fast as before (I'm more sedentary now not working 10 hour days on my feet) it is slowly coming off. At the stroke of midnight though I will open my eyes afresh to everything the new year holds for me. Recommitment, reconsiliation, resolve and respect.

I'm thinking of making breadsticks tonight for the new year munchies. I found the recipe on Martha's website and if it turns out I'll share with you all (or you'uns as is the case in western PA). I'm going to attempt posting some photo's from the holidays if my camera and my 3 year old cooperate!

Just got the mail and speaking of Martha (Love her) I got my tote for subscribing to Food/MSL magazines. Gotta love it! Oh and before I go for now I wanted to share this site I found today while surfing...very cute for all those with children :) http://www.spatulatta.com/

See ya next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment