Friday, January 2, 2009

State of the nation...

I was listening to NPR the other day and also saw something on TV regarding the recession that we're in now. Mainly what I got from these is that we can survive and we will survive. All things happen for a reason and I think the lesson for our country is
1. get back to our family roots. So we don't have money to go out to eat. Stay home, get the family involved in meal preparations. It's better health wise anyhow!
2. Shop and stay local, go to your nearby local parks. We're lucky enough to have a couple of National forests around. They offer programs all year round.
3. We need to get back to what makes America, America. The creativity, resolve and ingenuity of it's people. What I've been researching about the depression is: When people got back to taking care of themselves and kept plugging away...they were able to rebound. It will help us also not to become such a disposable people. We dispose of people as we dispose of our trash. We need to surround ourselves with family and friends. We can help each other!!! I'm not entirely comfortable with the economy but I know WHO is truly in control and will lean on Him to get me through!

No comments:

Post a Comment