Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mirror, Mirror on the wall....

I have a love, hate relationship with my mirror...well mostly hate. It's a freaking liar!!! The past couple of days I've run into posts that really made me think...and think some more...

Roni posted this Just another Skinny Girl

and full circle

KK posted this Not Another Skinny Girl

on which I replied with this post:

I never realized how universal this problem is. I too have body image issues. When I was 308 I didn't quite see myself for what I was. I didn't think I was "that big". When I lost 140 and got down at one time to my lowest of 163 I still felt humongous! I still looked for those pathways through rooms of less resistance, still got the sweaty lip from wondering if I'd fit in amusement park rides, restaurant booths and clothes. When I looked in the mirror I couldn't see the size 8 I'd become, I only saw the sagging skin on my thighs and the loose skin on my abdomen. Now I'm back over 200 and trying to get back in onederland...The gain has made me realize what a moron I was being!!! HELLO....

So I've decided not to listen to that voice in the mirror...I'll listen to myself and I'm trying to do that more often when I'm eating, when I'm looking at myself...

Oh brain why dost thou deceive me? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment