Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I can hear it....

Spring...

Maybe I'm getting too excited from the past two days being barely above freezing...but yesterday in the still of the morning I heard...

A morning dove

I love that sound, it reminds me that the earth is coming back alive (even if there's more snow in the forecast) and that at the end of every cold harsh winter there are bulbs beneath the frozen earth that will pop up and bring forth smells that take me back to my childhood.

This got me thinking about thunderstorms and I heard a funny quote on Pooh yesterday too...

"Rain is ever so much cosier from inside a friends house..." Pooh Bear

I want that warmth and cosy-ness that spring and friends give to me. I'm working on the later, re introducing old friendships, reconnecting...living again.

As for the weight front...still just maintaining, no losing :( but I'll take it and try to focus on not eating ALL my flexies each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment